Apple had unveiled an all-new stunning purple finish for iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini. This new colour beautifully accentuates the flat aluminium edges of iPhone 12, which are perfectly colour-matched to the precision-milled back glass.
All other specifications remain the same, including Dual-Cameras, A14 Bionic processor, 5G connectivity, MagSafe and iOS 14.5.
- iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini are currently available in blue, green, black, white, and (PRODUCT)RED,9 and will be available in the new purple in 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB models starting at S$1,299 and S$1,149, from April 30. Customers can get iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini from apple.com/sg, in the Apple Store app, and at Apple Store locations. iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini are also available through Apple Authorised Resellers and select carriers (prices may vary).
AirTag is a small and elegantly designed accessory that helps keep track of and find the items that matter most with Apple’s Find My app. Whether attached to a handbag, keys, backpack, or other items, AirTag taps into the vast, global Find My network1 and can help locate a lost item, all while keeping location data private and anonymous with end-to-end encryption. AirTag can be purchased in one and four packs for just S$45 and S$149, respectively, and will be available beginning Friday, April 30.
Once AirTag is set up, it will appear in the new Items tab in the Find My app, where users can view the item’s current or last known location on a map. If a user misplaces their item and it is within Bluetooth range, they can use the Find My app to play a sound from the AirTag to help locate it. Users can also ask Siri® to find their item, and AirTag will play a sound if it is nearby.
Each AirTag is equipped with the Apple-designed U1 chip using Ultra-Wideband technology, enabling Precision Finding5 for iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 users. This advanced technology can more accurately determine the distance and direction to a lost AirTag when it is in range. As a user moves, Precision Finding fuses input from the camera, ARKit, accelerometer, and gyroscope, and then will guide them to AirTag using a combination of sound, haptics, and visual feedback.
If AirTag is separated from its owner and out of Bluetooth range, the Find My network can help track it down. The Find My network is approaching a billion Apple devices and can detect Bluetooth signals from a lost AirTag and relay the location back to its owner, all in the background, anonymously and privately.
Users can also place AirTag into Lost Mode and be notified when it is in range or has been located by the vast Find My network. If a lost AirTag is found by someone, they can tap it using their iPhone or any NFC-capable device and be taken to a website that will display a contact phone number for the owner, if they have provided one.
AirTag includes support for the accessibility features built into iOS. Precision Finding using VoiceOver, for example, can direct users who are blind or low-vision to AirTag with directions like “AirTag is 9 feet away on your left.”
Customers can personalise AirTag with free engraving, including text and a selection of 31 emoji, when purchasing from apple.com/sg or the Apple Store app. Users can easily place AirTag into a bag or pocket on its own or utilise a wide range of Apple-designed AirTag accessories, including the Polyurethane Loop, which is both lightweight and durable, and the Leather Loop and Leather Key Ring, featuring specially tanned European leather. The enclosure of each accessory fits securely around AirTag, while conveniently attaching to a user’s belongings, further personalising AirTag while making sure it is always with their important items.
AirTag and Hermès
Apple and Hermès are introducing AirTag Hermès, featuring an elegant assortment of handcrafted leather accessories including the Bag Charm, Key Ring, Travel Tag, and Luggage Tag. Hermès accessories will be sold with a custom-engraved AirTag based on the brand’s iconic Clou de Selle signature.
Pricing and Availability
- Customers can order AirTag beginning at 8 p.m. SGT on Friday, April 23.
- AirTag will be available in one and four packs for S$45 and S$149, respectively, from apple.com/sg, in the Apple Store app, at Apple Store locations, and through Apple Authorised Resellers and select carriers (prices may vary) beginning Friday, April 30.
- Apple-designed AirTag accessories include the Leather Key Ring in Saddle Brown, (PRODUCT)RED, and Baltic Blue for S$55; the Leather Loop in Saddle Brown and (PRODUCT)RED for S$59; and the Polyurethane Loop in White, Deep Navy, Sunflower, and Electric Orange for S$45.
- AirTag Hermès includes the premium Bag Charm and Key Ring in Fauve Barénia, Bleu Indigo, and Orange leather, as well as the Luggage Tag and Travel Tag6 in Fauve Barénia leather, all of which will be available beginning Friday, April 30.