GoPro recently announced a new product lineup, including its $595 flagship, HERO7 Black, which sets a new bar for video stabilization with its standout feature, HyperSmooth.
Not just Smooth, it’s HyperSmooth
HyperSmooth is the best in-camera video stabilization ever featured in a camera. It makes it easy to capture professional-looking, gimbal-like stabilized video without the expense or hassle of a motorized gimbal. HyperSmooth also works underwater and in high-shock and wind situations where gimbals fail.
I Can Show You the World
With HERO7 Black, GoPro is also introducing a radical new form of video called TimeWarp. TimeWarp Video applies a high-speed, ‘magic-carpet-ride’ effect to your videos. Imagine a scenic drive, ocean dive or walk through the city compressed into a super-stabilized, sped-up version of itself, with the entire experience playing out in seconds. TimeWarp Video transforms longer experiences into short, flowing videos that are compelling to watch and easy to share.
And when it comes to sharing, there’s no faster way to do it than live. HERO7 Black is the first GoPro to live stream, enabling you to automatically share in real time to Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, Vimeo and other platforms internationally. The result is an exciting and convenient way to share life’s more interesting, on-the-go moments.
HERO7 Black ($595) Features
- HyperSmooth Stabilization – Gimbal-like stabilization without the gimbal
- Live Stream – automatic sharing as you live it while saving your streamed videos to your SD card in high definition
- TimeWarp Video – Super-stabilized time lapse ‘magic carpet ride’ videos of your experiences, up to 30x speed
- SuperPhoto – Intelligent scene analyzation for professional-looking photos via automatically applied HDR, Local Tone Mapping and Multi-Frame Noise Reduction
- Portrait Mode – Native vertical-capture for easy sharing to Instagram Stories, Snapchat and more
- Enhanced Audio – Re-engineered audio captures increased dynamic range, new microphone membrane reduces unwanted vibrations during mounted situations
- Intuitive Touch Interface – 2-inch touch display with simplified user interface enables native vertical (portrait) use of camera
- Face, Smile + Scene Detection – HERO7 Black recognizes faces, expressions and scene-types to enhance automatic QuikStory edits on the GoPro app
- Short Clips – Restricts video recording to 15- or 30-second clips for faster transfer to phone, editing and sharing. Great for new users and kids.
- Photo Timer – Countdown timer for convenient selfies and group shots
- Stunning Image Quality – 4K60 video and 12MP photos
- Ultra Slo-Mo – 8x slow motion in 1080p240
- Rugged and Waterproof – Waterproof without a housing to 33ft (10m), goes everywhere your phone can’t
- Voice Control – Verbal commands let you go hands-free in 14 languages
- Auto Transfer to Phone – Your photos and videos move automatically from camera when connected to the GoPro app for on-the-go sharing
- GPS Performance Stickers – Track speed, distance and elevation, then highlight them by adding stickers to videos in the GoPro app
- Touch Zoom – Frame your photos and videos with just a touch
The $595 HERO7 Black, $440 HERO7 Silver and $295 HERO7 White are available for pre-order through Challenger, Harvey Norman, Courts and Sprint-Class (Changi Airport, only available in stores). Pre-orders for the HERO7 from 21-26 September through these retailers are entitles to a Bonus Adventure Kit worth $80.
Distributed by StreamCast Asia in Singapore, GoPro HERO7 cameras will be available in-store beginning Thursday, September 27 through all retail partners for GoPro here. You can also try your hands out on the latest HERO7 range through the Hands-on Brand Experience at Courts Somerset and Changi Airport (T1, T2, T3) from 27 September onwards.