Astell&Kern, along with Jerry Harvey Audio, launches the new flagship universal fit IEM, Layla AION, in Singapore. Audio inventor and living legend Jerry Harvey collaborated with Astell&Kern to bring this superlative IEM to fruition, and Singapore is home to a limited quantity of the Layla AION.
The Layla Origin
The Layla series of earphones are Jerry Harvey Audio (JHA) creations. The first Layla was a handcrafted custom earphone in 2014, and became the audiophile’s “audio grail”. Since then, JHA launched 2 limited edition releases of Layla, with “Carbon Fibre Edition” (industry’s first full carbon fibre earphone), and “Full Metal jacket” (industry’s first full Titanium earphone).
Transcendental Layla AION
The Layla AION combines the best of Jerry Harvey Audio’s soul, with the original Layla sound signature, taking the aeronautical strength and feather-light weight of carbon fibre and shrinking the dimensions down further, with patent pending technologies and manufacturing to bring about a Layla that transcends all Laylas before her – the AION.
The Layla AION universal fit earphones are manufactured in Orlando, Florida by the same engineering talents responsible for producing JHA’s line of custom earphones, seen in thousands of ears and on professional stages around the world.
Each Layla AION begins as a carbon fibre block formed by compressing hundreds of layers of resin-infused carbon fibre fabric. After undergoing an initial machining process, and then a secondary hand shaping process, Layla AION is precision tuned using state-of-the-art equipment and assembled by hand. A striking faceplate design of red and black pearloid with oversized chrome logos make Layla AION a visually hypnotic.
- Fine-tuned by Jerry Harvey: When paired with the Astell&Kern portable high-resolution audio players, Layla AION universal fit IEM produces the most accurate musical reproduction available today.
- Machined Carbon Fibre Shell: Hundreds of layers of compressed carbon fiber fabric infused with resin and formed into an ergonomic ear shape for better fit and stability.
- Powered by soundrIVe: 12 Drivers per side: Quad Low, Quad Mid, and Quad High Proprietary Balanced Armatures.
- Sonic Tube Chassis: 3D printed chambers house the 12 driver configuration and implement “freqphase” technology which allows for a smaller shell design while retaining sound quality.
- freqphase: Patented technology ensures the correct phase and time alignment of all frequencies, resulting in accurate music reproduction.
Acoustic Sound Chamber: Recessed tube system keeps sweat away and alleviates the need for excessive cleaning.
- Adjustable bass: Customise the bass level from a flat response up to a boost of 0 – +13db of bass.
- Silver-Plated OCC Litz Wire Cable with 7-pin Connector.
- Perfect fit: Included 3.5mm unbalanced to balanced 2.5mm 4-pole connector cable, carbon carrying cases, and a variety of tips.
Pricing & Availability
Layla AION universal fit IEM is available in Singapore for $5,299 (MSRP), and distributed exclusively at AV One, and Lazada Singapore (https://www.lazada.sg/shop/av1group).