Dell has recently released an expansive suite of new Windows 10 gaming PCs – the Dell G3 15 and Dell G7 15 systems – at a private screening of Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man and The Wasp” in Singapore. Anyone who has watched this awesome movie knows that technology plays a lead role throughout the film, and Dell has teamed up with Marvel Studios to bring just that. Not only did Dell devices, including the new G series, make several appearances throughout the film, the exciting collaboration extended behind the camera, where Dell hardware played a vital role in creating the visual effects in the film.
The Dell G Series – Powerful and Affordable Gaming PCs
Dell introduces a new look for two new gaming laptops with the Dell G3 15 and Dell G7 15. Both are made with gaming and snappy performance in mind, all the while boasting affordable prices. These new builds for gaming laptops are equipped with powerful NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10-Series GPUs, 8th Gen Intel Core processors, thermal management solutions, intelligent content prioritisation software, anti-glare IPS panels, and other complementary features intended to get you fully immersed in the games you’re playing.
Dell G3 15 (3579)
- In a 15-inch form factor and powered by NVIDIA GeForce GTX discrete GPUs from 1050 to 1060 with Max-Q design technology, up to 8th Gen Intel Core i7 CPUs, dual fans and dual drives with SSD options
- The laptop’s 2×2 WiFi antenna design provides great wireless performance, while the SmartByte software prioritises gaming and video content keeping them smooth, even during large file downloads
- Encased in a refined performance inspired design and a silky matte exterior finish, the laptop boasts a slim 22.7mm profile encouraging gaming-on-the-go
- Dell’s thinnest gaming laptop to date
- Three colour options: Licorice Black, Recon Blue, Alpine White
Dell G7 15 (7588)
- Comes in a sleek 25mm thin 15-inch chassis, with powerful NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPUs with Max-Q design technology
- 6GB GDDR5 dedicated memory, up to 6-core performance with 8th Gen Intel Core processors (with up to Core i9), dual fans, and dual drives with SSD options
- Optional 8th Gen Intel Core i9 CPU and UHD display (3840×2160) configurations
- Killer Gigabit Ethernet networking optimisation (or optional Killer Wireless 2×2 LAN) or SmartByte software responsively prioritise content downloads for smooth, uninterrupted gaming and streaming
- Designed to push heat and noise away from the player, Dell equipped a front air intake and rear exhaust vent keep players cool, and enable longer gameplay
- Optional IPS UHD 4k panel for the ultimate immersion
- Available in either Licorice Black or Alpine White
The Dell PC gaming ecosystem is complete with a line of gaming hardware accessories such as the brand-new Alienware Wireless Gaming Headset and the Dell Visor. Diehard gaming audiophiles will enjoy incredibly detailed sound with the Alienware Wireless Gaming Headset. These headsets boast clear and natural spatial sound, acoustic signature presets, and customisable sound profiles, all the while augmented by high-fidelity 40mm Neodymium drivers to deliver a deep rich bass and an expansive soundscape. And they have 15 hours of battery life and a 40 ft. wireless range to boot!
The Dell Visor takes advantage of the same technology used in the Microsoft HoloLens, including inside-out tracking cameras, with a 360 degree panoramic view. The headset itself is able to scan surroundings instead of satellite emitters positioned inside the room. It offers an immersive, life-like, MR experience with high resolution of 1440 x 1440 per eye, dual 2.89” LCD panels and blazing refresh rate of 90Hz. The Controllers allow you to have total control with haptic feedback, thumb stick and buttons fully tracked by sensors in the headset.
Dell Helps Bring Ant-Man and The Wasp to Life
Dell hardware played a vital role in creating the visual effects in the latest Marvel Studios film. Marvel Studios enlisted VFX vendors, several of which utilised a breadth of Dell technologies, including Dell EMC PowerEdge servers, and Dell Precision workstations, as the core infrastructure to provide the immense computing power and storage capacity necessary for visual effects designers to bring the movie’s characters and places to life.
Among others, artists at the VFX studio DNEG, who worked on Ant-Man and The Wasp relied on Dell Precision workstations for front-end operations. Dell’s Precision line allowed creators to edit and create in new storytelling methods. In the company’s Vancouver studio alone, more than 300 Dell Precision workstations are used to create compelling effects. Imagine an adrenaline-fueled car chase through San Francisco, moments of Ant-Man and The Wasp shrinking, or an intricate lab scene featuring Ghost phasing in and out of walls – technologies from Dell help make these ideas reality.