This change comes off the back of a recent survey that ranked the app as one of the top three most frequently used mobile wallet apps in Singapore.
With the union, the app will be updated with enhancements and six new features as follows:
- Scan and pay using e-wallet via QR code
- Scan and pay for purchases via UnionPay QR code
- Top-up NETSPay e-wallet with tokenized bank card
- Send money to fellow users via mobile number
- Receive money from fellow NETSPay users via QR code
- Send e-Ang Bao to friends and family
As part of the upgrade, users can also make contactless payments at 12 million UnionPay QuickPass contactless acceptance points worldwide using their NFC-enabled smartphones – no more foreign currencies needed when travelling.
For more information on NETSPay app, visit www.nets.com.sg.