NETS is bringing back its popular “Go Cashless” promotion, this time to tertiary campus canteens. From now until November 2018, diners can receive a $0.50 discount off every NETS QR code transaction every Wednesday and Friday at participating campus canteen stalls, subject to a minimum spending of $2 per transaction.
Stretching Your Pocket Money
In total, the promotion will see more than 650 campus canteen stalls offering discounts to diners who choose to make NETS QR code payment. This also marks the first time that NETS is offering discounts on Fridays, on top of its usual ‘WedNETSday’ promotions.
Diners at each of the participating campus canteens will be able to enjoy the discounts over a two-month promotional period.
The promotion will run from September to October 2018, every Wednesday and Friday at the following canteens:
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU) /National Institute of Education (NIE)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore Management University (SMU)
- Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) / Singapore Institute of Management (SIM)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
The promotion will be held from October to November 2018, every Wednesday and Friday at these canteens:
- Singapore Polytechnic (SP)
- Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP)
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP)
- Republic Polytechnic (RP)
- Temasek Polytechnic (TP)
- Institute of Technical Education College West (ITE College West)
- Institute of Technical Education College East (ITE College East)
- Institute of Technical Education College Central (ITE College Central)
This is the third time that NETS is running the “Go Cashless” promotion this year due to strong interest from diners and the continuous support from hawkers.
The first round of the “Go Cashless” promotion was held from April to May 2018 and included 22 participating hawker centres and canteens. The number of NETS QR code transactions jumped 20 times during the promotional period.
The second promotion from July to August 2018 featured a total of 30 hawker centres, 2 JTC canteens and 28 tertiary campus canteens. To offer diners more choices, NETS also roped in 36 coffee shops to take part in the “Go Cashless” promotion for the first time.
As part of the new “Go Cashless” promotion, NETS is also offering incentives to stallholders. One lucky hawker from each canteen will stand to win $88 every week when they accept NETS QR code payments during the promotional period.
The NETS QR code, which is part of SGQR, is able to accept payments from customers using NETSPay, DBS’ PayLah, OCBC’s Pay Anyone or UOB’s Mighty mobile apps. There are currently more than 60,000 NETS QR code acceptance points across the island.
More details on the promotion can be found at www.nets.com.sg/gocashless.