Sony has introduced two new additions to its Xperia 1 and 5 flagship lineups; with Xperia 1 III and Xperia 5 III.
Whether they are photographers, audiophiles, cinephiles, gamers or cinematographers alike, the next generation of Xperia 1 and 5 flagship series will enrich the user experience with its plethora of new features.
Sony Xperia 1 III and Xperia 5 III Features:
- World´s first smartphone with a Variable telephoto lens paired with a dual PD sensor
- Real-time Eye AF for humans and animals, newly equipped Real-time Tracking and fast, accurate continuous AF across all lenses
- 20fps Burst Mode with low light noise reduction powered by BIONZ X
- Brand new AI super resolution zoom technology
- Updated Photography Pro feature – now equipped with ‘Basic Mode’
- World’s first smartphone with a 4K HDR 120Hz Refresh rate display crafted from Gorilla Glass Victus
- Evolved Full-stage stereo speakers – now 40% louder than previous model
- New and improved Game Enhancer features – including a new audio equaliser, an optimised V.C microphone and high frame rate recording feature
- World’s first smartphone to reproduce 360 Reality Audio in the speakers, as the recording artist intended it to be heard
- Addition of brand new 360 Spatial Sound – for an immersive audio experience
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G Mobile Platform
Gamers can gain a key advantage with the superior upgrades in Xperia 1 III and Xperia 5 III. The familiar 21:9 display transports players into the thick of the action and thanks to a new and improved 120Hz Refresh rate display, now incorporated in the 1 series, as well as the 5 series, fasting-moving objects are rendered clearly for seriously smooth gameplay. The addition of 240Hz Motion blur reduction also means the display updates at an incredible 240 times per second for blur-free, crystal clear performance.
Cinematography Pro “powered by CineAlta” enables more choice for engaging, storytelling with dramatic slow-motion cinematography creation, all within a 4K HDR 120fps slow-motion movie recording feature which can capture and playback up to 5x slow-motion when set at 24fps. Eight different look colour management pre-sets allow you to completely change the mood of your scenes, utilising different cinema styles, a vital tool in advanced storytelling. Sony’s unique Intelligent wind filter technology uses award-winning audio separation technology to reduce wind interference for clearer audio recording.
Much like the immersive experience for cinephiles, the new Xperia models utilise sound tuned in collaboration with Sony Music Entertainment. In addition to unique hardware decoding, a newly developed speaker virtualiser enables Xperia 1 III and Xperia 5 III to be the world’s first smartphones to reproduce 360 Reality Audio in the speakers Listeners can Immerse themselves in sound that is so authentic, it will feel like they are at a live concert or with the artist recording in a studio. All enjoyed through the Full-stage stereo speakers or with wired or wireless headphones.
Combining 5G and Wi-Fi connectivity with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G Mobile Platform, the next generation of Xperia raises the bar for smartphone performance. This is thanks to the Qualcomm Kryo 680 CPU enabling 25% higher performance and Qualcomm Adreno 660 GPU delivering 35% faster graphic rendering than the previous generation.
Xperia 1 III will be available in Singapore in Frosted Black and Frosted Purple and shipping with Android 11 from third quarter 2021. Price will be announced at a later date.
Xperia 5 III will be available in Singapore in Green and shipping with Android 11 from third quarter 2021. Price will be announced at a later date. Both models will be available exclusively at Sony Stores and Sony Stores Online.