Ahead of Hannover Messe 2019, Microsoft announced a series of updates to help bring the promise of intelligent manufacturing closer to its customers and partners.
Product Updates Include
- New enhancements to Azure Security Center, Azure Sentinel and Azure IoT Hub – Provides advanced threat protection to help Azure become the first major public cloud with end-to-end security for IoT for devices, hubs and cloud resources.
- New digital twin capabilities for our Azure IoT Connected Factory solution – Enhances security and certification management, providing manufacturers with a digital twin of their OPC UA-enabled machines.
- An expansion of Azure IP Advantage to IoT – Extends Azure IP advantage benefits to Azure customers with IoT devices connected to Azure.
Innovation Through Partnership
In addition, Microsoft is announcing new solutions with industry-leading customers and partners. More than 25 innovative companies will join Microsoft in its booth including:
- Electrolux, the Swedish home appliance manufacturer, launched a new Azure IoT smart connected air purifier and app. The Pure A9 removes ultra-fine dust particles, pollutants, bacteria, allergens and bad odours from indoor rooms.
- Siemens Gamesa, the leader in renewable energy, is streamlining how technicians inspect industrial wind turbines and announced it is migrating its autonomous drone process to Microsoft Azure and Azure AI.
- Bühler, one of the world’s largest provider of food processing solutions, is leveraging Microsoft blockchain technology to improve global food safety standards and reduce food poisoning rates, while increasing production efficiencies.
- Intel is working with Microsoft on a new modern industrial PC reference design for factories and industrial applications. Using the reference design, device partners can build fully provisioned and customised industrial PCs that can be connected to a range of devices to discover, manage and analyse data in real time, using AI on the machine or in the Azure cloud.
Additional updates include the newest book in our Future Computed book series: The Future Computed: AI and Manufacturing. The book will explore how manufacturers around the world are embracing AI, including insights from Microsoft customers.
Onsite at Hannover Messe, Microsoft will also showcase a wide range of offerings for manufacturers including breakthroughs in AI experiences, mixed reality with the Microsoft HoloLens 2, business-ready solutions with Dynamics 365, and tools to close the skills gap with Microsoft 365.
Microsoft will be at Hannover Messe 2019 in Hall 7, Stand C40.