Epson has announced the release of its latest smart glasses, the Moverio BT-35E. The new BT-35E smart glasses are designed to be easily used in combination with existing hardware through HDMI and USB-C connectivity at almost zero latency, enhancing its connectivity for commercial applications such as healthcare, commercial drone piloting, engineering, entertainment and more.
The BT-35E augmented reality eyewear delivers vivid HD image quality and is Epson’s first smart glasses with an external Android-based controller unit for external connectivity. The new smart glasses aim to provide users greater access to content on a wearable display through existing output devices and comes with an Android-based controller unit.
Typical Uses of the BT-35E
- In healthcare, as a first or secondary display. Instead of turning around to look at a monitor, a doctor can keep their focus on the patient and maintain a more natural position.
- For engineering applications, as a first or secondary display for tasks that require low latency and improved efficiency, including remote assistance.
- In entertainment, theme parks and museums can use it to enhance the customer experience to play video content or to act as a heads up display.
- For commercial drones, such as the DJI Phantom 4 Pro, it can be used as a secondary FPV display for controllers with a primary display and an HDMI output.
The BT-35E has been designed with commercial applications in mind. Its durable build and features designed for comfort mean it can be repeatedly worn by multiple users, fitting comfortably for long periods of time, no matter their shape, size, or if they wear glasses.
- Epson Si-OLED display
- 720p HD resolution
- Large array of built-in sensors including a 5MP camera, gyroscope, accelerometer, compass and ambient light sensor
- Interface box with HDMI and USB-C connectivity
- Compact and light design – Can fit a range of head sizes, and can be worn over glasses
- Support for side-by-side 3D content
- Neck strap for a complete hands-free experience
- Unique nose pad suited for over-glasses use
- Adjustable arms for enhanced wearability
- Epson provides the API for the camera and sensors
Pricing and Availability
Epson’s new Moverio BT-35E smart glasses will be available end of December 2018, at a MSRP of $1,358.