HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, has announced the roll out of Android 9 Pie on EISA’s Consumer Smartphone of the Year, the Nokia 7 plus.
An OS-Upgrade That Actually Makes Your Phone Better!
Packed with Google’s intuitive software, and with only the most essential apps loaded, the Nokia 7 plus serves Android 9 Pie with no bloatware, skins, UI changes, or hidden processes eating up your battery life. This upgrade builds upon the strong features of Android 8.0 Oreo, and focuses on a more tailored experience with emphasis on AI, machine learning and digital wellbeing.
The Nokia 7 plus, powered by Android 9 Pie, creates the most efficient Nokia smartphone yet. Advances in machine learning and AI features, such as Adaptive Battery and App Actions, ensure smarter resourcing of power and processing and accelerate smartphone functionality.
As part of the Android One family, the Nokia 7 plus will introduce App Actions – a new feature unique to Android One devices and Google Pixel phones running Android 9 Pie. App Actions learns more about your daily usage and assists you with your everyday tasks. Your Nokia 7 plus will predict and recommend your next action at the moment it’s needed the most – whether it’s business, music or lifestyle.
The Nokia 7 plus is optimised to extract every bit of juice from the already powerful battery. And now with Adaptive Battery, Android 9 Pie uses deep learning to understand patterns in phone usage and prioritises battery power for your favourite apps.
As well as smart technology advances, from fall 2018, the new update will come with added Digital Wellbeing features to help encourage breaks from screen time. New functionalities include highlighting device time on your Dashboard, the ability to set time limits for app usage and Wind Down Mode which fades your phone to grayscale and activates Do Not Disturb at a predetermined time in the evening.
Key Features of Android 9 Pie
- App actions – Helps you get things done faster by predicting your next move and displaying the right action on your phone
- Slices – Identifies relevant information of your favourite apps to make them more easily accessible when you need them
- Adaptive battery – Uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritise battery power on important apps
- Adaptive brightness – Automatically adapts phone brightness by learning from your interactions with different settings
- New System navigation – Features a single home button that provides intelligent predictions and suggestions (user enabled)
Digital Wellbeing Features Available from Autumn 2018
- Dashboard – Highlights screen time and phone usage including how many times device has been unlocked and number of notifications received
- App Timers – Set time limits on app usage
- Wind Down and Do Not Disturb – Set a daily schedule to get your phone ready for bed. Your screen fades to Grayscale, while Do Not Disturb silences notifications for a restful sleep. You can activate Do Not Disturb anytime you want to disconnect.