Fitbit recently announced the Fitbit Charge 3, the latest evolution of its Charge family of devices. The Charge 3 features an elevated, swimproof design with a touchscreen display, 15+ goal-based exercise modes, essential smart features, up to 7 days battery life, and Fitbit’s most advanced sensor and algorithm technology in a tracker. The Charge 3 will be available for $238 starting November 2018.
Premium Design, Intelligently Crafted
The Fitbit Charge 3 is crafted from lightweight materials, including an aerospace grade aluminum case and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 display for a slimmer silhouette, increased durability and a more comfortable fit for both men and women. It features a crisp touchscreen display that is nearly 40 percent larger and brighter than its predecessor, offering a more intuitive experience with easy access to your most important information.
It is also the first wearable with an inductive button, and includes new patent-pending technology that provides a streamlined, swimproof design, increased space in the device to add more sensors, plus a larger battery with up to 7 days of use.
The high-resolution touchscreen display brilliantly showcases crisp, grayscale graphics with new playful animations and expressive graphics, creating fun moments to help you celebrate milestones and stay focused on hitting your next goal.
Superior Health & Fitness Experience
The Fitbit Charge 3 also delivers the most advanced health and fitness features found on a Fitbit tracker to date. With more than nine trillion minutes of heart rate data tracked, Fitbit has enhanced its 24/7 PurePulse heart rate technology for even greater accuracy during exercise compared to the Charge 2, and provides a better measure of calorie burn and resting heart rate to optimize workouts and uncover health trends. The addition of a relative SpO2 sensor – a first for a Fitbit tracker – adds the potential to estimate relative blood oxygen levels and help track new health indicators, like sleep apnea.
- Goal-based exercise modes: Choose from 15+ exercise modes like bike, swim, run, weights and yoga; set a goal for calories burned, distance or duration, and see real-time stats, progress and celebrations on device when you reach your goal.
- Water resistant to 50M: Wear in the shower, rain pool or ocean. See real-time duration on your wrist with Swim Mode, or use SmartTrack to see laps and pace in the Fitbit app post-swim.
- Go the distance: Stay motivated with Connected GPS from your phone for real-time pace and distance on device, and Run Detect will auto pause and auto stop (coming soon).
- Female health tracking: Gain a deeper understanding of your menstrual cycle by using the Fitbit app to log your period and ovulation (coming soon), record symptoms and compare cycle trends over time. With all your health and fitness stats in one place, you can better manage your health; easily see where you are in your cycle on in the on-device dashboard.
- Information at a glance: Easily navigate the new personalized, on-device dashboard to see daily activity stats and health metrics like female health tracking, hydration, sleep and weight (coming soon).
- Personalized insights: Know yourself to improve your health with new dynamic insights about your activity, heart rate, nutrition and sleep to help you reach your goals with positive reinforcement and tips to course correct when needed (coming soon in the Fitbit app).
- Social motivation: Connect to one of the largest health and fitness social networks in the world with more than 25 million active users for added motivation to reach your goals when you engage with friends, family and others through Feed, Groups and Challenges in the Fitbit app.
- 24/7 guidance and motivation: Stay on top of all your daily activity and get a more complete picture of your overall health with features like automatic exercise recognition, Reminders to Move, Relax guided breathing, sleep tracking with Sleep Stages and Sleep Insights, and more.
Advancements in Sleep Tracking & Analysis
Fitbit helps millions of users better understand their sleep patterns and the lifestyle habits than can impact them. Fitbit started tracking sleep in 2009 and has built one of the largest databases of sleep over the past seven years with more than 7.5 billion nights tracked.vi. Fitbit also introduced Sleep Stages & Sleep Insights based on heart rate variability to give you an even more in-depth understanding of sleep quality.
Fitbit is announcing a new Sleep Score beta from Fitbit Labs that will be available to Fitbit users later this year. Using key metrics tracked by any Fitbit device with its advanced 24/7 PurePulse heart rate tracking, Sleep Score will provide a nightly score to help give you a more complete picture of your overall sleep quality and what factors affect it.
In addition, for devices with a relative SpO2 sensor, including Charge 3, Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa, Fitbit will test alerting users to breathing disruptions, which can be indicators of health issues such as allergies, asthma or sleep apnea.
Separately, Fitbit will continue to collect clinical data to test and develop FDA grade systems for health conditions such as sleep apnea and atrial fibrillation. Fitbit is one of nine companies in the FDA’s digital health software precertification pilot program, which is designed to streamline the approval process for software as a medical device.
The Right Mix of Smart Features
Along with its advanced health and fitness features, Charge 3 is Fitbit’s smartest tracker yet, offering the best smart features to stay connected to what matters most without overwhelming you with technology or distractions you don’t want or need.
- Expanded notifications and quick replies: Easily customize and view call, calendar, text and smartphone apps notifications (like Facebook),viii plus accept or reject calls, and respond on the go with pre-populated or custom quick replies for Android users.
- Essential apps: Make the most of your day with top-requested convenience apps like Alarms, Timer and Weather; plus Fitbit Leaderboard and Calendar coming soon with future updates.
- Popular brand apps: A select number of popular brand apps will be added on device in the future, similar to those offered on Ionic and Versa.
- Easy and secure payments: Leave your wallet at home and use Charge 3 devices to make easy and secure payments with Fitbit Pay contactless payments; supported by more than 100 financial institutions in 18 countries, including OCBC Bank and United Overseas Bank (UOB) in Singapore.
- Broad compatibility: Compatible across most Android and iOS devices, with Windows coming soon, so you can choose the wearable you want, regardless of your phone.
Pricing & Availability
The Fitbit Charge 3 will be available for $238 in black with a graphite aluminum case or blue gray with rose gold aluminum case. Coming soon, the Fitbit Charge 3 Special Edition will be available for $268. It will be available starting November 2018.