Mobvoi, an Artificial Intelligence company backed by Google and Volkswagen, is launching the TicWatch Pro, whose Layered Display technology enables it to last between 5-30 days on a single charge. Powered with Wear OS by Google, the TicWatch Pro helps you stay connected.
Solving that Smartwatch Problem
Short term battery life is a common pain faced by many of us smartwatch users, with many models needing recharging every 1-2 days. An innovative technological breakthrough, the TicWatch Pro utilises Layered Display technology to allow you to smoothly switch between a low-power FSTN (Film compensated Super Twisted Nematic) LCD display and an OLED display, that sit on top of one another.
The FSTN display (top layer) is a transparent LCD display offering high visibility in direct sunlight, and transparent quality when not turned on, while the OLED (bottom layer) offers a higher definition, full colour display. This automatic switching of display intensity allows the TicWatch Pro to have a much longer battery life than other smartwatches.
In ‘Smart Mode’, the OLED display is engaged and battery life will lengthen to up to two full days of usage. On the other hand, the ‘Essential Mode’, engages just the FSTN display and battery life will extend to up to 30 days. On reaching low battery in Smart Mode, you can easily switch to Essential Mode so that the watch can last for another three days.
In Essential Mode, you can see time, date, step counting, and heart rate monitoring. The health and fitness data syncs when TicWatch Pro is switched to Smart Mode. OTA updates over time will add more functions into Essential Mode (since the sensors can still be accessed in this mode) including distance traveled, calories burned, speed and cadence. In Smart Mode, you’ll have the complete Wear OS by Google experience via the OLED display.
Along with its innovative display and unrivaled battery life, the TicWatch Pro offers access to a host of apps, including:
- Google Play Store – Access to thousands of apps through the on-watch Play Store, and the ability to download them directly on the watch
- Google Assistant – Access the Assistant directly on your wrist to check the weather, start your run, set a reminder and more just by asking
- Premium build quality – Watch bezel and rear cover are stainless steel (SUS), while the rest of the case is a type of hard nylon (polyamide) reinforced with glass fiber (50GF); skin-friendly silicone strap covered with premium genuine Italian leather
- NFC Payments – Use Google Pay to pay directly from your wrist
- IP68 Water and dust resistant – Withstands submergence in water up to 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes (swimming not recommended)
- Health and fitness sensors – Heart rate monitor, Accelerometer, Gyro, Magnetic Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Low Latency Off-Body Sensor
- Health and fitness apps – Along with health and fitness apps from Google, Mobvoi’s own Health and Fit apps are pre-installed as well
- Thousands of watch face options – Available to download through Google Play
- Music Streaming – Listen to your playlists through your preferred music streaming app
Singapore Pricing and Availability
Mobvoi will be expanding its presence in Singapore through a strategic partnership with Challenger. The TicWatch S (Sport) & E (Express) will now be available in 25 Challenger stores across Singapore. The TicWatch Pro will be available via Mobvoi official website.
The TicWatch S and E complements users with active lifestyles, especially with the convenience of Google Assistant, fitness apps like Google Fit, and the powerful Google app ecosystem on your wrist. The TicWatch S and E are also award-winning models, taking the prize for the iF Design Award and Good Design Award respectively in 2017.
All models are now available for purchase.